Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
My blood is still boiling from this. Even the biggest supporter of gay marriage, if they're honest, have to admit that there's something wrong with the system when one arrogant, designing judge can overrule the will of the people in an entire state and it's constitution. But this is exactly what the liberal, secular, Godless Left does. They usually cannot win in the "court of public opinion" so they force their agenda down everyone's throats through corrupt lawyers and judges.

As I've pointed out before, and which nobody can argue against, is the utter hypocrisy here. Years ago, this nation already decided what it considered marriage when it ruled against polygamy...despite polygamy (or plural marriage) being part of a people's religion and it actually being protected by the Constitution. But now, we're suddenly supposed to turn everything on it's head in favor of gays having the "right" to marry, despite there being nothing to support that? Many on the Left will pay lip service to agreeing for polygamy now but I think it's only because they don't want to appear inconsistent. They couldn't care less about equal protection, the Constitution, etc. It's about getting their agenda through.

This issue should be like what abortion should have been - left up to the states on a state level. Hopefully the state succeeds in getting this ridiculous ruling held off.

First off, isn't it funny how people hate "judicial activists" until they rule in their favor?

Second, we get it dude. Not the first time that you more or less infer that polygamy getting pressed out of your denomination by the Feds was a big no no and now you have (to quote those chumps at Slate) "Agenda Envy." Someday perhaps polygamy will become legal again. But I don't know why that should be used against patriotic American tax-paying citizens who aren't hurting anybody.

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

And now behold, I say unto you, the foundation of the destruction of this people is beginning to be laid by the unrighteousness of your lawyers and your judges. - Alma 10:27

"Chill out." - Jesus