Vito is dead and before he died, it is rumored that he made peace with his enemies. As for the question if any of the New York families are going to take over. I highly doubt it as Vito was close to Sicilians in Cattolica Eraclea, Caccamo, Pagliarelli, and San Lorenzo. Then again it is possible that the Sicilian faction in the Gambino family, John Gambino might start something up in Montreal as Giuseppe Gambino from San Lorenzo was close to Vito before he passed away in the late 90's. If the rumor of Vito making peace with his enemies is true then it is going to be hard to say who will be running things in Montreal. Even the top contenders for the spot are never a sure thing.

I know that a lot of people have been killed during Vito's revenge, but I personally think that some of the killings were not related to this purge but were mobsters taking advantage of the turmoil in Montreal to settle old scores.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green