Originally Posted By: domwoods74
So your saying he knew he was gonna die had a meeting with his enemies agreeing to give them control once he had gone ?? But all he wanted was to avenge his father and sons death ???? Sounds plausible

domwoods74:

I think you were asking me for a response.

I was quoting James Dubro. In part he was postulating that if Rizzuto had previously told the Quebec government's Charbonneau Commission inquiry (CEIC) chair and lawyers about a terminal ailment, Rizzuto would have gotten the CEIC to lay off him with regard to testifying. There are discrepant reports about whether Rizzuto was subpoenaed or not, whether he was going to have to testify in 2014, etc. Elsewhere, Dubro has argued that Rizzuto should have been forced, as a hostile witness, to give testimony; that a reticent Rizzuto at the CEIC would definitely have earned a contempt charge that would have seen him go to to jail for about a year -- I agree that he probably would have seen prison time if he was forced to give testimony at the CEIC and then clammed up.

The murders of Fernandez and Pimentel in Casteldaccia (Palermo) may have also come to haunt Rizzuto had he lived, as the Italian authorities already had evidence that a Montreal-area lawyer was in communication with some of Fernandez and Pimentel's killers and because there have already been two pentiti in the Bagheria cosca since the murders that took place this past April came to light the following month (May 2013).