Right on dude. There is only so much available to public. Joe Ligambi spent alot of time around the merlino brothers, and in turn, Scarfo. I don't think he's afraid to use force, but he exercises the best judgement he can on when to use that force.

Ligambi is fully aware when Narducci's, faffy, Chickie Chang (Sr) and all these other guys got/get out and what their plans may be. He's also friends with these guys and from their generation. He likes money; we all do. He's not going to fade away quietly. But he best make sure these guys know he speaks their language: Intimidation, fear, respect, power.

None of us know exactly what goes on in NYC families; which one, if any of them, have any control over Philly. And none of us know if Ligambi has tight connections to 1 or more of those families. Or what Joey Merlinos involvment is, if any. Or if he has connection in NYC. Or if Borgesi is in favor with Merlino and Ligambi still, or anything.

On a side note, If these old heads do come back, they need to draft a handbook. I feel bad for some of these younger guys though. No one around to take them under their wing and teach the right way to mob out. No apprenticeship program. That's whats needed. Phone Etiquette 101; shakedown ethics; Clip art. At least my man lil Nicky had Skinny Razor. Crazy Phil had Lil Nicky. No good apprenticeship program.

Come back to this board in 2015 and it could be a completely different scenery. There are enough generations of guys in the ranks that they could build it back to it's former "Glory". But, there is always greed, envy, and jealousy. And there is always someone out there tougher, crazier, and more ruthless than you.

Originally Posted By: jmack
Originally Posted By: JCB1977
As long as Georgie "Freckles" Borgesi gets cornholed, I'm a happy camper. I do hope Uncle Joe beats it and gets back to business. He's old school, low key, not too violent.

Joe Ligambi may be old school and he has brought stability to the family but I'm not sure you can consider him not too violent. Maybe compared to Scarfo and Merlino but the guy has been responsible for at least 3 killings (Turchi, Martorano, and Casasanto) while he was acting boss. Not to mention the Frankie Flowers hit where he pulled the trigger. I also have it on good authority that the Rocco Maniscalco hit was LCN related (again, possibly under Ligambi). Those are just the ones we know about because they were high profile. Look at the DiPietro hit, if someone doesn't spot Nicodemo's car at the scene we probably don't hear anything about it. Now I'm not suggesting Ligambi had anything to do with that hit since he was on trial and wasn't good for the image of the "nonviolent" gangster. I'm just saying, how many DiPietro's are there out there that we haven't heard about (again, not confirmed, but I heard that Nicodemo had the ok from someone in the Philly family- Not sure who but the list can't be that long). Just a thought.

Boss of tha toilet!