Originally Posted By: funkster
Seems that its always been a little more difficult to paint a clear picture in Chicago. Not saying Burnstein's chart is accurate, but he does claim to have made it based on FBI and CCC sources. I see no real reason for him to lie, how many more of his books would he actually sell? And in fairness, he has never said all the guys listed as soldiers on that chart are necessarily made. The structure may certainly be off though.

The FBI in my experience hasn't really made claims about knowing the structure, except very vaguely, at least in recent times.

Usually the media reports people like "boss," which is a nice vague term--boss of the whole thing? Boss of a crew? Boss of a neighborhood?

Clearly for instance Sarno was in charge of something... but I don't think the feds generally try to exactly define the position... as they don't know. And, as I said, the structure may be surprisingly loose.

I don't ever remember hearing anyone suggesting that Peter DiFronzo or Matassa were the bosses of anything.