Originally Posted By: Mmalioni
I am not sure whether Solly C or Jimmy I is the street boss and which one is the street underboss. I would think Solly C because he seems to be a little more white collar.

In 2006, a man in Park Ridge was gunned down with a shotgun. His house number was opposite of Solly C. Park Ridge Police suspected it was a botched hit on Solly C.

Not sure how high Sarno was ranked. I'm not sure anyone really knows. I think he may have been in charge of Cicero Crew 1 (Marcello's old crew). Maybe there was a mini mutiny between Solly C and Sarno.

I think Zizzo was loyal to DiFronzo. Hatch was a threat to Marcello's power when he got out of the penitentiary. The attempt on Solly C was possibly due to a spat between Solly C and Sarno to Sarno's much maligned leadership skills.

A few things:

There is no "Solly C." Salvatore Cautadella goes by "Sammy C." You are confusing "Solly D" who is Sal DeLaurentis.

Sammy C moved to Westchester in 2004 or so..about 5 years after he got out of prison. So by the time of that shooting in 2006 he was long-gone, hence why no one really thinks it was Outfit.

Sarno and Sammy C are very close and came up together in the Outfit under Robert "Bobby the Boxer" Salerno and Bobby Bellavia. Sarno was the dominant of the two and took over as street boss in Cicero with Sammy C as his number two once the Spano's gave up their rackets before heading to prison. Once Solly D was out of prison in 2006, he took his rightful place at the top of the pyramid in Cicero, with Sarno and Sammy C running things for him (he was still on parole). When Jimmy I came out of prison a few years later, he and Solly D retained leadership of the Cicero Crew. Solly D slowly became more hands-on as his parole restrictions loosened up, however he continued to allow Sarno and Sammy the "acting" positions.

My theory is that when Sarno went away, Sammy C took his spot and Solly D and Jimmy I continue to stay a safe distance away.

The bigger question is who inherited the rackets of this guy--the main money maker for Cicero--Casy Szaflarski--when he went away. Casey is a Bridgeport native and owned by the Carusos. I believe he is a nephew of Shorty LaMantia.