Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Being white collar in Cicero doesn't give you an edge up on being on top. If anything, being blue collar does.
And I never heard anything about that Solly C story after it happened. I feel like it was just a robbery that went wrong and as soon as the reporter found a way to bring up the mob, they did regardless.

You may be right. But my take on it is that most Outfit rackets now are white collar. There is relatively little evidence of low level street level loansharking, bookmaking, restaurant shakedowns, etc. Even the poker machine racket has lost its luster.

The major Outfit rackets now are high level gaming, major loansharking, control of certain fields (McPier, restaurants, etc.). I take the position (and I could be wrong) that DiFronzo does still have enormous power, even if he doesn't exercise that power and allows other individuals to run the rackets. If that's the case, I would expect that Grand Ave. and Elmwood Park guys (even if somewhat inactive) would identify more with Solly C than with Jimmy I.

The motive for that murder in Park Ridge was not Robbery. Nothing was taken. The media reported that Solly C hadn't lived on the street in 20 years. But that doesn't mean someone didn't own that property related to Solly C and that doesn't mean he really didn't live there. That would be too much of a coincidence.

In any event, the Cicero crew is likely 2 or 3 smaller crews now. Solly C/Jimmy I. lead Crew 1, Solly D leads Crew 2 and perhaps there is some remnant of the Sarno Crew or they are morphed into one of the others.