I'm glad the Yankees didn't trade Gardner for Phillips. I'd rather have Gardner on the team next year than Phillips.

As for Infante, I wouldn't give him 4 years either. It's not that teams are outbidding New York (such as Kansas City and Seattle) it's that they're giving them more years which I REALLY applaud the Yankees for not doing. They're showing some restraint and using their money more wisely I believe. They caved in for Beltran since they only wanted to give him 2 years but I think 4 years for Infante is a bit much personally. Sure the deals look good now but what about towards the end of them. Remember last winter the Yankees signed Ichiro to a 2-year contract and now they can't get rid of him with only a year left on it!

Really surprised by Montero. There was SO much hype surrounding him. I'm not surprised about his defense because that was always called into question. And his offensive numbers I could see them being down in a ballpark like Safe Co Field. I wonder how they'd play in a more hitter friendly park? I'm sure someone will pick him up cheap (I would).