Originally Posted By: Snakes
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
All i know for sure is that in 1956 Oswald had a combined (48 out of 50 & 49 out of 50) score of 97 out of a 100 at rapid fire and at 200 yards....which is over twice the distance JFK was from the the snipers nest. No scope just the sites on his M1 Garand. In Dealey Plaza i think they said the longest distance was only 87 yards and he had a 4x scope. True the scope was garbage but it still helps. He almost missed that last shot. Another inch or so higher and it would of just grazed or completely missed JFK's head.

I have seen Oswald's scores as 212 and 191 for "sharpshooter" and "marksman" respectively - neither of which are considered difficult to reach. What is difficult is firing three shots within an eight-second span (and also reloading) with a clumsy weapon at a moving target going away from you with trees obstructing part of your view. This is the main problem that I have with the lone gunmen theory. Maybe there was a backup shooter that Oswald was unaware of? I am not a Kennedy assassination buff by any means, I just find this whole discussion interesting.

Actually trees weren't obstructing his view. This was the view Oswald had -

I have no idea if there was a conspiracy or not, there are good points on both sides. I do think Oswald could have made the shots though.