http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/bodybuilder-sean-enright-claims-offered-2802537

Gunned down bodybuilder Sean Enright claims he was offered a role in Love/Hate

17 Nov 2013 16:19
The amateur cage fight, who has survived a number of assassination attempts, made boast about hit crime drama on Facebook.

He was shot four times and left for dead but bodybuilder Sean Enright has claimed he was offered a role on top TV crime drama Love/Hate.

The 31-year-old, who was riddled with bullets as he entered the gym he runs in Dublin on May 15, said he should have taken the part when approached to appear in the hit RTE programme.

Enright, who has been nicknamed The Man of Steel by friends after surviving a number of assassination attempts, took to social networking site Facebook to tell friends how he turned down the chance to star in the show after last weekend’s season four finale.

The amateur cage fighter, who is close pals with jailed gangster Alan “Fatpuss” Bradley, posted: “Well after tonight’s Love/Hate I have my Sundays back to myself.

“I should have taken the part when I was offered it, crying now ha.”

When asked by a pal if he was in fact offered a role in the show and not just joking, he replied: “I was indeed last year. Ah well.”

However, an RTE spokeswoman dispelled Enright’s claims and said he was never asked to become a cast member.

She said: “Mr Enright was not approached to appear on series four of Love/Hate.”

Enright’s life reads like an episode of the show after he was shot at and survived twice.

And the fitness fanatic joked if rapper 50 Cent can act on screen after surviving being hit with bullets then surely he can too.

Enright added: “50 cent made money after his eight. I have 14 so I’m more like 2 euro so I will be grand. haha.”

Enright was blasted up to four times by a lone gunman as he entered the gym he runs in Glasnevin, North Dublin.

It is understood he was targeted by the gang once controlled by slain RIRA boss Alan Ryan over an ongoing turf war with some of Enright’s pals.

It is believed he was warned on several occasions recently that his life was in danger.

Enright survived several attempts to kill him over the years.

He was blasted five times in the chest, twice in the right arm and once in the hand as he sat in a car outside his girlfriend’s house in Clonsilla, West Dublin, in 2011.

But the former Mr Ireland managed to walk home and raise the alarm.

It was thought Enright would not live but he amazed doctors with his recovery and was out of hospital after less than a week.