Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: pmac
I don't get were are the loan shark victims like every case in new York you get one bum that borrowed 100k and couldn't keep up with the vig so he gets a beating and runs to the fbi. not one guy got on the stand and said these 2 loan me money right?

Borgesi has been locked up since 1999, so there is no way he could of loaned any money. Ligambi is the acting boss so he most likely wouldn't be loan sharking directly. He's definitely not the one smacking guys around that can't pay him.

ya if they had actual loan shark customers they wouldve testified in the first trial against the lower level guys, since its been just about a full year since then i cant exactly remember if there were any actual loanshark "victims" that testified but there was an undercover FBI agent that posed as a customer and thats when anthony staino was recorded boasting about being the "CFO of the crime family", and recorded threatening the FBI agent saying stuff like he didnt want to have to hurt him, those recordings basically sunk him. it was only over like 5k loan to lol. but like ted said ligambi was smart enough to stay away from street stuff like that so there isnt anything to link him to it.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort