Originally Posted By: jmack
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
I am not trying to kiss Joe's ass but I really think he is the best Philly has had since Bruno (may not be saying much). He's seems like a real "let's not run down there and fuck a cow. Lets walk down the hill and fuck all the cows" kind of guy. 99-present has to make him longest running unconvicted Don since the old days.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unconvicted". In the time frame you talk about, Joey spent 12 years locked up. Not very successful. I do think that he is lucky that he isn't doing life for any number of the murders and attempted murders. In terms of successful bosses, Nicky Scarfo was by far more successful. He had a five year run where he made millions. Joey has never and will never see that kind of money. The worst part is, the Philly family is so small that all it would take is someone in Joey's inner circle flipping to take him and most of the rest of them down. So as successful as Joey seems now that could all change in the drop of a hat (or a major conviction).
i think he was talking about ligambi, he was forgetting that merlino has remained official boss during that whole time period of ligambis "reign".

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort