Originally Posted By: cheech
both not guilty IMO

I understand what you are saying but the conspiracy charge is very difficult to beat. They got lucky the first time around when Frankie the fixer undermined their own witness. The prosecution won't put him on this time, and even though the defense will, his testimony will mean a lot less coming from them.

I will say that the prosecution is taking a chance using two scumbags on the stand but that is what they have at this point. As long as they both say the same thing I don't think it will hurt them as much. Remember this isn't New York. The Philly juries aren't tired of rats the way that New York juries are. They may give credibility to what these guys are saying.

I think Uncle Joe's case is going to come down to whether or not the jury believes that he forcefully took over the poker machines via extortion or a legitimate sale. Eddie Jacobs is as good as it gets so he may be able to raise reasonable doubt. I think he may get fucked because he is on trial with his nephew. I really do think they get George this time.