Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
My Godfather bought a .50 cal Desert Eagle not too long ago. Can't wait to play with it! Box of shells were over $35 and are pretty hard to find in these parts. Oddly enough he only gave $600 for it but I hear the previous owner didn't take good care of it.

I still want to original Colt 1911's like the A.E.F. carried in WWI.

I had a couple Colt 1911's over the years. Pretty decent guns.

After the Terminator came out those longslide 45's were pretty popular...but i never had one.

My buddy and i had those Desert Eagles when they first came out except the ones we had were the .44's not the .50 cal. It was a little too big for me....definitely not a piece to carry around. But it was pretty cool to shoot.

I didn't know those Kimbers are made in NY...the company is based in Yonkers. Never knew that...i thought NY chased out all the gun manufacturers. They're supposed to be really nice guns.

But my go to gun is still my .357 revolver. Out of all the pistols i've owned over the years that is still my favorite. IMO the .357 magnum is the perfect handgun round for self defense. cool And being a revolver i can count on it going bang when i pull the trigger.