Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Yea but didn't OSU struggle against some no name teams? I'm not calling Michigan a "no name" team, but if that coach kicks the extra point instead of pushing for two that's a whole new ball game in overtime

I don't know. I didn't follow them too closely. They admittedly had few challenges in a bad conference, but they seemed frequently to run up big scores against them. They may have struggledat times, but the objective result is that they won.

Michigan is a decent, but flawed team, which I was hoping would beat the Buckeyes. And it obviously is the big rival, so I don't fault OSU for not blowing them out in Ann Arbor. I agreed wholeheartedly with the decision to go for two at the end because I think Michigan knew they were outclassed and had little chance of repeatedly stopping OSUon the short fields in overtime.

I think the SEC is the best conference in the country, but they weren't as dominant this year as they had been in the past. Normally, an SEC team is a given in the national championship game, and maybe Auburn with a win jumps OSU and plays Florida State, which presents a sticky question: Will Jameis Winston be charged with a crime before the game?

That would have a profound effect on the national championship game. Are prosecutors delaying a decision to bring charges to to insulate themselves from a rabid respose from Seminole fans?