Nice find Anti Mafia. I think the Ndrangheta Cell he heads was one of the Ontario Ndrangheta Groups that supported those in Montreal trying to take down the Rizzuto's. I wonder if the timing of his arrest and police neglecting to inform the media about it has to do with police fearing for his safety.

This guy's cousin Nicolo Cortese was arrested in Montreal right after Nick Rizzuto Sr's Murder for trying to shoplift a silencer from a Canadian Tire Store. Police thought it was more than a coincidence that Cortese a Ndrangheta member from Toronto was in Montreal so close after Nick Sr murder and interviewed him about it multiple times.

If I remember correctly Salvatore Calautti the Ndrangheta member murdered at a bachelor party a few months back was also part of De Maria's group. After his murder the media was reporting that Calautti was also a main suspect in Nick Sr's murder.

Back in the early 2000's one of Rizzuto's Ontario associate's murdered two members of De Maria's group over a territory dispute. I think Rizzuto's guy was named Palepinto (spelling is prob wrong). Palepinto was not a made guy the Ndrangheta guys were with one of them being the son of a major boss in Calabria. Rizzuto was not believed to have sanctioned the hit. Palepinto was killed a short time later and Salvatore Calautti was thought to be a suspect in that hit also.