Anybody see the first half of 60 minutes last night? Interviewed the fed that slapped the cuffs on Whitey. When he told him to put his hands up and get on his knees Whitey threw em up but responded with "I ain't getting down on my fuckin knees." The look on his face in the arrest photo is priceless, with his white brimmed hat on. A lady standing off to the side said to the agent "That old man has dimensia he may not know what your saying" or something like that. Now the fed says he's thinking here's some crazy old man telling me he's Bulger next he's gonna tell me he's Elvis but Whitey said "Don't listen to her she's fuckin crazy, I'm James Bulger". The agent told 60 mi that Whitey had told some of the feds handling his arrest/booking process that after about 15 years on the run he began finding it difficult to keep up his cunning criminal mindset after so many years blending in with society and acting like a regular senior citizen. 20-30 or so years ago the ruse the feds used to lure Bulger down to the parking garage where they took him into custody would never have fooled him and he would immediately have known something was up, Bulger says.
Besides that one last tiny little mistake (getting caught),I have to say in terms of criminal genius, Bulger was it.