Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
People like to say Oswald wasn't capable of doing the shooting but in 1956 Oswald scored 49 out 50 and 48 out of 50 at 200 yards and that was at rapid firing with a M1 Garand rifle. He was more then capable of doing the shooting in my opinion.

He scored lower in his final year in the Marines but at that point he didn't care and knew he was getting out of the service soon.

I believe the first shot was deflected by either a tree branch or maybe the traffic signal post or mast (whatever you call it), then the second shot was a straight line through JFK and hitting John Connally. Then the third shot was the money shot hitting JFK in the back of the head killing him. I believe all 3 shots were from above and behind and were fired from that window at the Texas School Book Depository.

Just my opinion on it....i could be wrong.

There's no way he could have done that shooting (or at least alone). The Zapruder film shows that the shooting only took 5.6 seconds (for all "3" shots). You try doing that with the recycling of that rifle that he had in 5.6 seconds. The FBI's sharpshooter's tried and couldn't match it. Not to mention the first shot would have been the best (since no one knew where he was) but with Kennedy the 3rd shot was the best. And finally, you really buy the magic bullet theory? That 1 bullet made 7 wounds on both Kennedy and Connally? No way!
Where on the Zapruder film do we see the evidence of when a third bullet was fired? The two shots we can see are A)JFK with his hands at his throat,and B)the head shot. Was the third bullet fired before the "throat shot" or after the head shot. If we don't know when a third bullet was fired,how can we establish a time frame for all three?
In my opinion it is more logical that Oswald missed the first shot. He is presumably nervous, and knows he has a limited amount of time. His first shot goes too high,missing the car entirely.He overcompensates with the second shot,goes too low,and hits JFK in the base of his neck. The third shot is just right,and hits JFK in the back of the head.

As you said, Oswald missed with the first shot. I forgot the exact frame number but before Kennedy is initially hit, he stops waving to the crowd due to hearing the first gun shot (which missed).

Also, what I forgot to mention about the Zupruder film is shots 2 and 3 are almost on top of each other in terms of the timing. Couldn't be done in the amount of time it took the Carcano to recycle.