Originally Posted By: fergie
Hi all, just watched an interesting documentary on British TV alleging a secret service agent, George Hickey, in the car behind JFK accidentely shot him as he reached for his automatic rifle to return fire at Oswald - it explains the smell of gunpowder at ground level which many witnesses reported and also gives a plausible reason for the secret service to begin an initial cover up which just snowballed....there were also clear photos shown of Hickey with the weapon in his hand at the time-anybody else heard this theory?

I saw this documentary as well. It is based on a newer book called "JFK: The Smoking Gun." It seems plausible, but I read a couple of sites that said that this conspiracy theory was debunked many years ago.

As Turnbull said, the Warren Commission didn't answer the question of JFK's murder definitively. Thus it opened up the door to various conspiracy theories. Thank goodness for Abraham Zupruder's film, which was hidden from the public for a few years after the assassination.

All of the theories have holes in them. I always felt that it was the CIA was behind Kennedy's execution. Kennedy was planning to shut down the CIA and had attempted to kill Cuba's Fidel Castro in the disastrous Bay of Pigs invasion. The CIA and the U.S. military wanted Kennedy to fight in Vietnam and Cuba, but the President did not want to commit large scale U.S. troops. Although he would have had the nation's support because of the nuclear thread, JFK did not even invade Cuba during the Missile Crisis in Oct. 1962.

For me, the doubt will always remain for one reason unless documentation is released proving otherwise. Why did Kennedy's brain disappear? It would have conclusively demonstrated the trajectory of the fatal shot and, in my opinion, probably disproved the claim that Oswald was the lone gunman. While I do believe that Oswald fired the shot that went into Kennedy's throat and into Connally, but I think it was another shooter that fired the shot that mortally wounded JFK.