Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I understand the sub-culture factor, but does everyone here really think the younger generations of Italians in their 20s know what being Italian is?

Everyone I know listens to rap and talks in street slang (and I'm not talking about the old Italian street slang) along with using drugs more than dealing. Kinda seems like all you need is the last name to be considered for membership.

that shit they're listening to ain't rap music

rap music is no longer rap music, i don't know what the fuck it is but it ain't rap

this new generation is pathetic, none of them know their history or care about it

they just wanna get high off illicit drugs and act goofy

I completely agree

The way I see it, the people that were taught what it means to be Italian AKA my father always taught me about family first and how it means everything, (not mafia your real family), no matter what the cost, take the shirt off your back for those who mean the most to you and be proud of yourself and the heritage you come from.

These hood rats that run the street with Italian last names now, think about it, they didn't grow up with a family that taught them anything about being Italian. So they have this half assed idea to be in an expensive suit but act like 50 Cent. I just don't get it, that's not LCN at all.

Lucky is somewhere in hell sticking his head in the sand like an ostrich, embarrassed of what a shit show its become.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"