That was a great documentary. Pretty refreshing to see a relatively new story on a mob doc.

Anyway, I don't think these or other groups of kids were "farm teams" in the sense of like a AAA baseball team. That's more of a term the media or mob watchers gave them. They're just kids that grew up together with LCN relatives or in neighborhoods with an LCN presence and got into crime. Some aspired to be made guys and eventually got there, others didn't care.

There's some info about the Bath Ave kids in a Michelle McPhee book called "A Mob Story." I also think the book is called "Mob over Miami." She doesn't have the best rep as an author but there is some good info in there I thought. The story's main focus is Chris Paciello, and he was connected to both Bath Beach and the Springfield kids on Staten Island. So there's some info about both of those crews, as well as that Lucchese crew ran by Jimmy Galione who had the kids in Gravesend selling coke/crack.

Also check the Flipped: Mobster Tells All documentary about Mike DeRosa - he was an associate of Galione and worked for that Lucchese drug crew I mentioned above.

I always found these younger kids stories to be interesting because I had a lot of friends like these kids growing up who did little scams, small sports books, drugs, etc... but nowhere close to the level of intensity these kids were at. These late 80s early 90s kids back then went hard for it. Most were psychos, rats, or both ... but at the time they were pretty damn ruthless and pulling huge money for kids their age. its crazy. Say what you will about Paciello, he's a rat, punk, whatever... but it takes major balls to rob a fuckin bank, and he was running successful restaurants and nightclubs (tough industry to be successful in) when he was like 27 or 28 years old.

I wish there was more info about the crew of kids from Middle Village connected to Baldo Amato. Gianni or Gianinni crew or something like that. There were a few rats from that crew, im surprised we haven't gotten a good story or documentary out of one of them

I think the modern equivalent today would be Alphonse Trucchio's crew in Queens. Maybe they're a little more polished and older but it was a huge crew with a lot of young guys involved with pretty much everything. Drugs, shakedowns, sports... when he got taken down it said it was the Gambino's "most active crew" in the indictment

Last edited by tt120; 11/20/13 06:43 PM.