Originally Posted By: SFGate

An interesting announcement coming out of the subreddit dedicated to The Silk Road, the anonymous online drug marketplace: "At this time the wheels are in motion to set about creating a newspaper that would be written and edited by members of the Silk Road community."

[...]

This is still in the works as users figure out how/what a Silk Road "newspaper" should be. The consensus seems to be generally positive, however. Here's what one user says he likes about it:

'In my opinion, one of the best things about [starting a newspaper] is the chance that it has to show all of the suburban squares that being labeled a "crook" is not synonymous with being the bogeyman; in fact, it turns out that these so-called Silk Road villains are intelligent, creative, and compassionate (and that's just for starts). For my money, Silk Road more closely resembles Sesame Street than South Central.'

This is what I love about this whole Silk Road thing. Not only are they stupid criminals, but they're so insufferably pretentious you can't help but smile when the FBI gets them.

Just to recap, the system itself was pretty much foolproof; Silk Road was brought down because of human error on part of Ulbricht (unless you think TOR was cracked, in which case the Silk Road model is useless anyway), so let's make an online newsletter that will give users the opportunity to give up all sorts of info on their personal lives.