If you recall I think it was last episode that Gillian walked in on the "Office Space" guy (Ron Livingston) and he quickly changed what he was saying on the telephone.

I also would hope that Nucky and Chalky make new alliance but it's hard to see how that happens. Even before the murder attempt Chalky felt that Nucky wasn't being supportive enough while Nucky thought that Chalky was being too demanding.

Daughter has saved Chalky's life before but was she the one who told Narcisse's men where to find Chalky? Seems convenient she left right before they arrived. whistle

Gillian is a bad person but I do like how the show made a murderous incestuous prostitute more sympathetic. She was after all a victim of child abuse which was abetted by Nucky. It's ironic that when she finally lets her guard down, confesses, not out of guilt but from love that that's when she gets it.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.