Since I don't see a topic for this year's basketball season yet, let's get one going. Below you'll see an image of what the New York Knicks will be wearing on Christmas Day in their game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. This is absolutely HIDEOUS! It looks more like a volleyball than a basketball jersey. Another reason I can't wait for David Stern to leave the Commissioner's office.

First off, just why? Why do the Knicks need this jersey? So the NBA can sell more and make more money regardless of how disgusting it looks? Secondly, what happened to tradition? That's one thing that has sorely taken a hit during Stern's tenor as Commissioner. There's no tradition to the game anymore hardly unless your name is the Los Angeles Lakers or the Boston Celtics (and even they have alternative uniforms). Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against alternative uniforms. The Bulls had them back when Jordan was playing with their road jerseys going from red to black and I liked them. But some of the crap now is just ridiculous. Sometimes, less is more!

Last edited by SC; 11/11/13 05:09 PM. Reason: to add photo