Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Yeah, I remember that. I'm not sure how much is going to come out but it's well documented that A-Rod's been caught 3 different times now.

With the understanding that the Biogenesis scandal didn't produce dirty tests.....isn't the policy with MLB that a lifetime suspension follows the 3rd failed steroid test?

Originally Posted By: Irishman12

Cards have a lot of good, young pitching for trade bait. Lynn, Martinez, Rosenthal.

Yes, you are correct that 3 failed tests would initiate a lifetime suspension. But his first failed test didn't "count" since these rules weren't in place at the time. The 2nd failed test in 2006 for amphetamines just recently came out and as you stated the Biogenesis scandal hasn't produced any dirty tests (but it IS the 3rd time Alex has been connected to taking illegal supplements).

As for the trade, that's what the article stated that St. Louis may let go of some young arms to try and pry Tulowitzki away from Colorado. He's only 29 and under contract for another 7 years but he's been injured some the last 2 years. That'd be a concern for me.