Here are my thoughts on this A-Rod/MLB investigation:

I'll start off by saying I'm not a fan of A-Rod. He's been nothing but a distraction to this team since he was traded for in 2004.

Now with that said, I think MLB is out of line in regards to his suspension. As stated previously, this is his first time being caught, since his initial failed test didn't have any consequences that came along with it. The collective bargaining agreement states a player is to be suspended 50 games for a first time offender. 211 games is excessive. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see his salary taken off of the Yankees books for the 2014 season, but it's not fair to Alex as an individual. How can you teat him differently than all the other players? Now Ryan Braun received a 65-game suspension. Why the extra 15 games, I don't know? Maybe it had something to do with all of the denials and how he tried to ruin other people's lives trying to protect his lie. If that's the case, giving him a little extra because he lied and tried so hard to cover it up, I'm fine with that. Same thing for A-Rod, if it's true that he tried to purchase evidence to obstruct the investigation, suspend him further. But again, 211 is excessive and it's just Bud Selig trying to say he really "cleaned" the game up before he rides off into the sunset while the whole ugly steroid era happened on his watch.