Originally Posted By: 22
You know its something how the mob's lawyers have made a mockery of this and the last trial basically saying it was a 13 yr. waste of time and money by the federal government.Try telling that to the families of D.Canalichio,Mousie,Anthony Staino,and even the ones that pleaded out like Lucibello and Angelina.Plus there's still a chance they can get Ligambi and Borgesi.If anything they have managed to get some time back from Ligambi and have managed to piss Borgesi and his family off.So if all of this amounts to a victory for the defendants what is their definition of a loss.If I was expecting a slap on the wrist and the next day the judge sentenced me to 14 yrs.or 11 yrs.I don't think I would turn to my lawyer and start doing a victory dance.

The definition of a loss to the defendants would probably be dying in jail. Just my thoughts though I dunno? For what it's worth everyone ( Lou sheep, Marty, Staino, Lou fazinni, licata especially, lucibello, etc) got of pretty light except for joe mouse and dame who already had very substantial jackets. Remember the sentences these gents received are much lighter then the average idiot down for a petty robbery or a mid level coke dealer making comparable money. The only person IMO who got smoked would be Ranieri (not sure spelling), but I am really not familiar with his background. As far as pissing Borgesi and his family off he just beat several charges where there was a cooperating witness who testified he directed criminal activity from his jail cell that the witness personally carried out on his behalf. I mean what more would you want? Bail? Ok I'll give you that, they didn't get bail