Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
The wife uses Mac's (and guess who paid for them cry ). I've messed around a little with them but i really don't see why they're so much more expensive. She's a graphics designer but i bet i could do pretty much any of the stuff she does on her Mac on my pc.

Just as xs0u1x said the percentage of people that use Mac's is so small compared to Windows so naturally the hackers target pc's with more viruses. But i've read the amount of viruses on Mac's keeps going up each year.

Just what i read though....i really don't have enough personal time on her Mac's to be any kind of authority on them. I'm happy with my PC's....you get alot more for alot less IMHO.

It used to be true that macs were better for graphics design...about 10 years ago. With hardware today, they are about even.

To reply to irishman about upgrades/updates: apple does update their security and minor stuff that they don't charge for, but they do charge for major OS upgrade versions. I think its somewhere around $30 roughly for that. the big thing they get you with is hardware. mac memory kits are pretty expensive if you want to upgrade. as well as pretty much anything else and if your mac is out of warranty forget about it.