Originally Posted By: TottiNotGotti
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Originally Posted By: TottiNotGotti
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
If you are an Irish Republican, This is a sad day for any person that has Irish in their blood. It's people like you that want to hold hands around the bond fire and touch your buddies where they pee.

You are the reason the movement has stalemated. Grow a pair, and until the day you do so, your an Irish Liberal, I'll call you Obama from now on. You don't like it? Then pick up a weapon and choose sides, before the real supporters pick one for you.

Tell me this, have you ever even been to Ireland?

There is no appetite for war. There is no possibility of running a war. No possibility of winning a war. Irish men and women aren't going to pick up weapons and start killing and being killed on the say so of some real crime obsessed Yankee without the first clue about Republicans or Republicanism.

Anyone who has an understanding of Republicanism would identify the strain to which I belong - conservative Catholic Republican, anti-Treaty, anti-GFA, dis-satisfied, disillusioned but ultimately acceptant that there is no justification for or possibility of war at this time.

For you to identify that as 'liberal Irish' only marks you out as an ignorant fool talking through his hole.

What an exhibition you are making of yourself!

Yes I have been to Ireland, I have been eight times if it suits you. I have extended family in Hollymount, which is a damn small rural place. Where exactly are you from?

And another thing, Your the only one with this live and let live attitude because you are from the younger generation that has never experienced the hardships or had a reason to fight. Any true Irishman knows that there will NEVER be a united Ireland as long as England has a presence. No one in my family from Ireland would be as passive as you are. They put on a peaceful front, but the blood underneath boils at the atrocities committed by the English!

You claim to be anti-treaty, anti-GFA, and dissatisfied, yet you tremble at the thought of picking up a weapon! Your more suited for Sinn Fein than a member of IRA, Go practice your politics in a Goat Pasture!

Who said I'm passive? I'm heartbroken at the future for the Republic, but the solution to that isn't goading people into picking up weapons (where from, incidentally? What weapons? Who or where should the people who pick these weapons up attack?) or calling them cowards if they don't.

I don't have a "live and let live" attitude, I just don't have a "kill, kill, kill" attitude. As I explained to you in the last thread where you lost the run of yourself there is a massive responsibility that comes with prosecuting a war - you must have a strategy, an aim and a chance of victory otherwise you are just killing...for anger, for revenge, for hatred or for any of the other emotions that come out of your posts.

It doesn't matter if your family puts on a peaceful front while boiling underneath, it's the peaceful front that matters. Their contribution to the physical force strain of Republicanism is the same as mine or any of the sane people of Ireland's just now - nothing. Are they cowards too? No they're just ordinary Irish people who recognise the situation.

You say that my attitude is that of the younger generation, or of Sinn Fein - well explain to me this...how can that be if Sinn Fein is run by those of the older generation who fought the war for the IRA? Gerry Kelly, Martin McGuinness, Bobby Storey, Gerry Adams, etc, etc?

You are the Republican version of a loyalist - an ill-educated buffoon who believes that his opinion should be realised through force no matter who it affects.

What selfishness to expect other people to put their lives and liberty at risk as untrained, unpaid volunteers in an armed campaign against a better equipped and battle hardened standing army just returned from a decade of war in Iraq and Afghanistan! Who are you to demand that? You have no right and no reason and your attitude - which you proclaim as being the most Irish - would be foreign to all but a handful of Irish people and offensive to most.

Brave men and women gave their lives to get the Republican people to this point - what an insult to their memory to demand that this generation do the same to satisfy your whims from the safety of behind a computer in America.

Pathetic.

They actually want to win something. GA said something about being sick of celebrating historic defeats. He wanted to celebrate successes.

You have to out breed the Unionists in Northern Ireland. Which they have been and I believe they are still doing to this day.

The armed struggle died with the economic advances and the Catholic's getting a say in the government. Only way Northern Ireland ceases existence is through the ballot box. Which may or may not ever happen.