Originally Posted By: SC
Too bad nobody discusses this show anymore (assuming some still watch it). It's taken a few good turns lately.

Only three episodes left this season. Who is gonna be on the dead list by season's end? Richard??, van Alden??, Chalky??, Dr Narcisse??
I agree. I would love to see more posts on the show. This board always provides me with a lot of enjoyment and food for thought,so hopefully we can get more BE fans.
As to speculation,I know that some major character will have to go in the season finale. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Van Alden.I think it would be a major mistake,especially given his behavior in the Marriage and Hunting episode. This was IMHO,his best appearance so far,and really gets to the core of the Gold Medal World Class wackadoo that he is. Having said that,I can envision some possible end-game scenarios.
1)He gets killed taking a bullet for Capone in an attempt to prove his loyalty.
2)He gets found out,arrested,and facing the chair,kills himself.
3)After his sex,money,and confession scene with the wife, his former religious fanaticism and newfound homicidal expertise come to a vortex and he turns himself in to save his soul.
I hope I'm wrong,because Michael Shannon as Van Alden/Mueller is one of the best acting jobs in the series. No matter what the context,or amount of time we see him on screen,he never fails to deliver a solid performance. I hope he makes it to the end of the show,but it's BE,so who can say?