Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Kly,

I am so sorry. The unexpected death of someone so young makes even the young step back and realize how precious life is. frown

As for your son, I pray he is ok. Is he prone to seizures or is this new? My prayers are with you.

TIS

The girl's family is devastated. The college is holding a funeral service tomorrow and her family will hold another service and viewing back home. My son and a bunch of his friends from school will be staying over our house this weekend as a local ski resort where she worked is having a celebration of her life Saturday. What a beautiful, pleasant and bright girl.

On the other front my younger son was seen by a neurologist, who rendered a preliminary diagnosis of epilepsy. She determined that the August episode was trigered by steroid medication, which had been prescribed for a rash on his leg. An MRI in a few weeks with a follow up will determine a more definitive diagnosis and plan for treatment, but onething is apparent: he'll have to deal with the condition for the rest of his life. Right now he's a little upset that he's not allowed to drive for another 6 months.

On a humorous note, when he had his recent seizure at Penn State, he was at a costume party dressed as a pimp. His buddy was dressed as a nurse with a blonde wig and padded bra. The two went in the ambulance together, and his buddy waited several hours in the waiting room in costume. They took a cab back to the dorms still in costume that morning.