Originally Posted By: dontomasso
[quote=LittleMan]I wonder what Vito's reaction would have been if some punks did the same thing to Connie?

Sonny gave him one strike, and there is no telling what he had in mind when he raced out of the Mall. Whatever it was, however was probably not what Vito would have done.[/quote

Just for the sake of speculation,if Sonny would have made it to Carlo,I wonder if he would have been enraged enough to get carried away and beat him to death in public. Presumably the guys following in the car might have stopped him,but what if Sonny got convicted on a homicide charge and was locked up. He wasn't packing heat as far as I can tell from watching the Tollbooth scene,so instead of a quick shot to the head it would have been a jacked up version of the first Carlo beatdown with hands,feet and whatever else,giving Sonny's guys enough time to stop it from getting out of hand. Maybe his bodyguards would have just grabbed Carlo and put him in the car to be disappeared at a later date. I just think that it would have been ironic for Sonny to be neutralized by a prison term instead of a machine gun.

Last edited by Lou_Para; 11/04/13 02:01 PM.