Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
But anyway, the Yankees are apparently trying to sign ellisbury, Matt garza, stephen drew, carlos Beltran, brian McCann, and that Japanese pitcher tanawaka. I guess that's their offseason wish list. Not to get all of those players but I guess some of them.

I've heard the opposite in regards to Ellisbury, Garza and Drew. The Yankees are going to pass on them. Their wish list features Cano, Tanaka, and McCann (possibly adding Beltran).

Yes, I-man. I agree with you about Ellsbury and Garza. I read a silly report from Jon Heyman that the Yanks were interested in Ellsbury, but he is not a reliable reporter when it comes to Red Sox players. Ellsbury will end up in Seattle because he wants to return to the Pacific Northwest.

Besides, the Yanks gave a 1 year qualifying offer to Granderson, which he might take. If not, they have Gardner ready to move to CF. And Ells is represented by the Devil, Scott Boras, and the Yanks seem to go out of their way to avoid dealing with him.

Drew has definitely been on the Yanks radar for his defense. Since he costs a compensatory pick (he was offered a qualifying offer from the Bosox), the Yanks might stick with their own defensive minded SS in Brendan Ryan. This is especially in light of Drew's disappearance in the post season- the Yanks had their fill with guys, like Swisher and ARod, that don't perform in the playoffs.

Beltran will likely be signed if Granderson leaves, because he wants to play for the Yanks and he has implied he is willing to give them a discount. Maybe he still has a home locally from his time with the Mets?

Personally, I could definitely see Granderson accepting the qualifying offer, proving last year was a fluke, that he can still remain healthy and hit a lot of homeruns. If so, that's all in the Yankees favor.

Also, I'd really like to see the Yankees resign Mark Reynolds. I liked him when he was with Baltimore (because he used to kill us) and he has some pop in his bat. He doesn't hit for average but in his 7 major league seasons, he's hit 20+ homeruns in 6 of those 7 seasons.