Originally Posted By: StLguy
"Some friends of mine (these people share a name and bloodline with a last name in Detroit)"

I understand if you don't want to answer this, but do any of these people on a car related (I believe it is a sound system shop but I'm not sure) store on north lindbergh in Hazelwood/Florissant. I don't know anything about it and it could be just a coincidence, but I've just been interested since I've been reading more lately. (I don;t want to say the name, it's a bad thing to accuse someone of without sound reason and evidence)

Also, if what is left of the mob actually operates in East St. /Louis, then it really is dead because calling east st. louis a shithole would be overhyping it. It is even worse than north st. louis. The only valuables you'd find over there would be in someones teeth.

I know who you are speaking of....starts with a B ends with an O. They are not involved, but had relatives that were. One of them was murdered back in the 40's or 50's.

It is hard to say what is left over on the east side. Everyone pretty much thought it was done when Stoneking got them all locked up and Berne died. But there is very clear evidence that Tom Venezia picked up where Wortman's old crew left off. Venezia's company that got busted for video poker, B&H Vending, was owned by Buster Wortman's brother. Interesting that the feds said he took in $48 million in the 6 years prior to '96 when he was busted, but died living in pretty poor conditions.

I don't know who owns all the titty bars and spas over there, but I would not be surprised if they were old friends of Tom Venezia's and the old east side crew. All of those little towns have been corrupt for a long time, including St. Claire county.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.