When Tom goes to see Woltz in Part I, Woltz tells him that Johnny Fontaine made him look ridiculous, and that "...a man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!!!"

Excuse me?!?! This is coming from a pedophile!!! To say that a person his age and his position of authority who has sex with girls who almost certainly wouldn't feel like they could say no looks "ridiculous" is the mildest thing that could be said.

Not only that, but as someone once argued (possibly on this forum), doesn't he also look ridiculous by not giving Johnny the part, rather than by giving it to him? He himself says that Johnny is perfect for the role, and he's the director--so giving the role to the person most suited for it would not only show he had good sense in choosing actors, but by enhancing the movie, would make him more money as well.

It would have been interesting to see what Woltz would have said if Tom had made these points to him. Tom could have also said: "A man in Don Corleone's position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous either." For a Mafia boss, looking weak is not just embarrassing--it's dangerous.

Last edited by VitoC; 11/01/13 03:32 PM.

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!