I think Croswell did have some kind of a personal beef with LaBarbera. Reading through some of the articles published on the raid and the interviews on him, he does come across as a braggart. Like he finally got his long sought 15 minutes in fame, giving him a great personal satisfaction and at the same time getting the chance to nail LaBarbera. That´s the feeling I get. He was aware of the mobster meeting that had taken place the year before but that had slipped through his hands. From time to time, he was conducting surveillance on the LaBarbera estate. So I doubt that there was a tip off.

I believe there were two major issues that were being discussed at Apalachin. These two issues needed the attention of all the bosses around the country:

- The murder attempt on Costello and the murder of Anastasia. All of the bosses needed to know why violence had been used. Especially those bosses who had had business dealings with Costello and Anastasia and who had been close to them. This was important because letting them know eased their minds.

- The other major issue was the banning of drugs, across the board. In reality though, this ban never worked because many soldiers and captains on the street level were looking to quickly enrich themselves, especially the ones who had recently been made.

No one was crowned the boss of bosses at the meeting. Neither was anybody supposed to be crowned the boss of bosses at the meeting. No one had the slightest ambition of becoming the boss of bosses, after the creation of the Commission back in 1931. Can you guys imagine the wrath of other bosses these kind of ambitions would lead to?

[Linked Image]