30 days since the last post? Hmmmmm, no book reading lately. Well, I just finished "Killing Jesus", by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. This is the 3rd in their series. I read the other two, "Killing Lincoln" and "Killing Kennedy". They write in an entertaining style. Its not dry history, but more of a fiction style.

"Killing Jesus" like the other two, painted a picture of the times; the culture and most importantly the key people involved in the death of Jesus. The book was NOT a religious book. Very little emphasis on interpreting the words of Jesus as they would later be the basis of Christianity. As a practicing Catholic, I found it gave a greater depth to the history of the Roman Empire and their relationship with the Jews and particularly the leaders of the Jewish communities. From a religious perspective it gave me a deeper understanding of my faith, much like going to Rome and the Vatican. I think a non-Christian, agnostic or atheist would find it interesting and possibly profound from a historical perspective.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12