Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: LittleMan
How effectively can a mob boss run his family from prison these days? The Snake has been off the street for over 25 years.

Chin relayed messages through his son, Andrew, and apparently, they were recorded and prosecuted for that. Was Chin in a higher security prison compared to the Snake? I figure that the feds could easily eavesdrop and record his conversations and would eventually be able to decipher his code.

How can the Snake run things from behind bars, unless he is just a figurehead with no real power?

Persico can also meet with his lawyers. And the fact that he still has so many family and friends on the street is a big reason why he's remained boss for so long.
Also each year there is a trip some will golf and go to the beach, some will fish some go to strip joints,some just eat and drink. Boating is big and someone has a very nice one that they use.They go to a popular town in carolinas.
Then certain ones break off and go see him.

Also there is a front boss that no one talks about, he makes most of the decisions for the family.
He will only talk to blood,
Also it is easy to get messages to him(snake) hard to get them out.

See the chart is partly wrong...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."