Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Your about to be made to look like the uninformed , law enforcement fanboy that you are
If only that juvenile probation officer job payed you more, then you could have access to pacer
Listen next time I fuck sheilisa, I tell her to give u a raise
Anyways, theres been about a dozen indictments since 06 and

Good ol' Louie. As delusional as ever.

A dozen indictments since 2006? The devil is in the details. Many of them, including the ones Macomb guy posted, are penny ante stuff. Which we still see in places like Rochester and Pittsburgh. Really significant mob cases in Detroit are few and far between these days.

Quote:
certainly more discernable activity than the decalvacantes

Certainly not more discernible activity. The Detroit mob hasn't had anything remotely close to the big DeCavalcante bust in the late 1990's/early 2000's since forever. Now that said, I'm inclined to believe that the DeCavalcantes are not far behind Detroit when it comes to being defunct.

Quote:
Since the 1990s there have been about half a dozen indictments involving drugs,

How about we keep it to 2000 and on so we aren't talking about ancient history here. And I'm certainly not aware of the Detroit mob being involved in anywhere near that many drug cases over that time. And I doubt you have any info to show otherwise.

Quote:
The issue for you is the media doesn't report these things
But the Feds are still indicting them and they're are still doing what they do, which is gambling and loans and drugs and extorting strip clubs
Are they as strong as ny or chicago, no
But seeing what I've seen I would now put them above nj, ne and philly

This is why I can't take you seriously, Louie. You talk out of your ass. If you look at the mob cases in Detroit, and compare them to those in New England or Philadelphia over the same time period, there's no comparison. Either of those families are far more active than Detroit. Not to mention significantly larger. That is, unless you want to believe certain bogus and inflated charts floating around (which I know you do).

Anyway, as far as Detroit goes, gambling and loans? Yes. Drugs? There's virtually zero evidence of that. And extorting strip clubs? We've seen plenty of evidence of that in recent cases in New England (and of course New York). But where are examples of that in Detroit?

Originally Posted By: MacombGuy
If Detroit is on their last leg, then so is the DeCavalcante family. No doubt about it.

As I said above, I agree that both are. Detroit certainly is and New Jersey doesn't appear to be far behind.

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
It's hard to conceive that Detroit had more made guys that Chicago...Don't believe it, need to see proof by FBI.

That's a good point. Chicago has 25-30 made members. Are we really to believe Detroit has twice that many? Especially when they were put at 30 members at most in 1996 and again in 2001? If Chicago has lost nearly half it's membership since that time, are we supposed to believe Detroit has somehow managed to not only remain at that level but actually increase in size? Anyone who believes that is engaged in wishful thinking.

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
Ivy,

There are two made guys in Cleveland...Joe "Loose" Iacabacci and RJ Papalardo...This has been confirmed by SA Bob Hawk...There has NEVER been a making ceremony after Lonardo flipped and Licavoli went to prison...Wherever you got less than 10 made guys, that's ridiculous. I've been researching this for almost 15 years...EVERY LE official, AG, FBI, IRS has confirmed this.

While it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if Cleveland only had two members left, I've seen 8 living guys said to be made -

1. William "Billy" DeNova/71
2. William "Billy D" Dileno/75
3. Joseph "Joe Loose" Iacobacci/62
4. John Iorillo/68
5. Ronald Lucarelli Jr/53
6. John Oliverio/59
7. Russell Papalardo/70
8. Anthony Velotta/70

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Macomb nice research...glad someone finally burned the LE fanboy with his own fire.

Dream on, Fraudo.

First, it seems you only give a hoot about research when it says what you like. Second, I was already aware of about a third of those cases he listed. As for the rest, which I will have to check on as far as possible, the devil is in the details, as I told Louie above. Do we see evidence of a large, diversified, highly active family in those cases? Not by the standards I'm going by. They'd be dead last of the remaining LCN families in the U.S.

Originally Posted By: Tony Pro
I'm skeptical of claims that "Detorit is dead" and I think it's more active these days than most people think. But to say that it's running a number of associates on the street in numbers comparable to the Outfit or in numbers right behind in ranking to the smallest NYC family is ridiculous.

But just to play devil's advocate on McComb's post: most of these names are Irish or Arab; some reports from Detroit say that black gangs control drugs on the street and that Arab OC from Dearborn are rising stars in drug wholesaling and white collar.

McComb; are these non-Italian guys you're citing confirmed Partnership associates or just guys getting busted for OC-like activity who could associates?

I don't think lack of busts is evidence for non-existence, the FBI is not a monolith an different FBI offices have different priorities. The priorities of the Detroit Special Agent in Charge might not going to be the same as the SAC in Boston or NYC. You also have to factor in to the resources that an office has to play with those priorities. Detroit has a large Arab population (terrorism surveillance), a big drug problem (street gangs), an international border (smuggling/customs bribing), and a bankrupt police force (little local police cooperation) for that FBI office to deal with, any one of those issues could take presidence over a local LCN family thought by many to be near extinction for that FBI office.

It depends on how you define "dead." I've never said Detroit was "dead." Dallas is dead. San Francisco is dead. But there's a difference between being dead and no longer being a formally structured, viable family. And I'm not necessarily even saying Detroit isn't that. I've repeatedly said people are free to go either way on Detroit because official opinions differ. But what people aren't free to do is say that Detroit is bigger or stronger than it really is. Especially when there's little evidence of their claims.

As for FBI investigative priorities in Detroit, yes, you have terrorism, street gangs, etc. But those explanations only go so far. You have these same problems in other cities where we still see far more mob cases. And over the long run, we should be seeing more cases in Detroit if the mob there was still as potent as some claim. But we don't. Of course, that's when people then turn to the "Detroit is just smarter" argument.

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Detroit LCN is top heavy at best. A bunch of geriatrics playing consigliere', couple of their older kids playing soldier.
But a sustainable familglia this, dont make.

Last legs at best.

A rather good way to describe Detroit. Of course, as we've seen, there are people who want to hold onto a dream of something more. I wonder what these folks will say in another decade when we've still seen little in the way of mob cases out of Detroit?

Last edited by IvyLeague; 10/19/13 02:29 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.