I'm skeptical of claims that "Detorit is dead" and I think it's more active these days than most people think. But to say that it's running a number of associates on the street in numbers comparable to the Outfit or in numbers right behind in ranking to the smallest NYC family is ridiculous.

But just to play devil's advocate on McComb's post: most of these names are Irish or Arab; some reports from Detroit say that black gangs control drugs on the street and that Arab OC from Dearborn are rising stars in drug wholesaling and white collar.

McComb; are these non-Italian guys you're citing confirmed Partnership associates or just guys getting busted for OC-like activity who could associates?

I don't think lack of busts is evidence for non-existence, the FBI is not a monolith an different FBI offices have different priorities. The priorities of the Detroit Special Agent in Charge might not going to be the same as the SAC in Boston or NYC. You also have to factor in to the resources that an office has to play with those priorities. Detroit has a large Arab population (terrorism surveillance), a big drug problem (street gangs), an international border (smuggling/customs bribing), and a bankrupt police force (little local police cooperation) for that FBI office to deal with, any one of those issues could take presidence over a local LCN family thought by many to be near extinction for that FBI office.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 10/18/13 08:43 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi