@VEGAS el Fiore is awesome. And so is bistro di marino. I haven't been to nunzio's in years. When I lived in Collingswood, we hit all of those places. I never like villa barone though. I thought it was...meh. We really liked Cucina Forte in Philly. 8th and Catherine.

@Mazzone: I agree with you wrt heirachy. And, I don't know if anyone can speak to the presence/absence of the Genovese in South Jersey, unless someone on this forum REALLY KNOWS someone in the Genovese, or if it's been made public knowledge from law enforcement reports. It is very easy to (correctly) assume that all of the NYC families have some action going on in SJ; shore areas, etc., because Philly Mob hasn't been strong enough or savvy enough in the past 10-15 years to keep the other families out.

It's common knowledge in this area that it's a free-for-all when it comes to crime. There are lot's of biker gangs; warlocks, pagans, etc.,and also th ethnic gangs on the rise. Every small town in SJ has threats of bloods, crips, MS-13, russians, etc. I know that NYC also has these threats, but the LCN can at least hold their territories there. Go to South Philly and count how many italians vs. vietnamese, russians, camboians, blacks, etc. Packer Park & a few other areas are holding their own, but other areas are over-run.

Scarfo's guys served a lot of time. It would take all of them to band together once they got out, to right the ship here. Faffy, Pung's, Narducci's, etc., would have to come in and help these young guys out. Not sure if it would work or not. For a time, Chuckie Merlino was the biggest PHILLY guy; Scarfo spent a lot of time in AC. Who knows what he told his son at breakfast about Faffy, Narducci's, etc. For all we know, Joey Merlino may love these guys; or he may want them all dead. But, if they are smart, they all stay away.

What happens if Ligambi and Borgesi are convicted? The law knows the hierarchy; It's easy for them to just shift attention to the next guy. Bust him, and then repeat. Pretty soon, guys are gonna realize crime in philly LCN will be a guaranteed sentence. Or, they won't. What do I know; armchair LCN clown that I am.

Last edited by NickyWhip; 10/18/13 01:16 PM.

Boss of tha toilet!