Reading the internet, local papers, etc., The Feds have a real hard on for George Borgesi (hairline) & Joey Merlino. Joey would be nuts to come back.

The Ligambi and borgesi trial should have started this week. News says Ligambi is gonna get 15+ years if convicted. It didn't say about Borgesi's potential sentence, if convicted. But, the retrial is a regurgitation of previously presented evidence, which backfired on the government, so who knows how it will play out for them.

IF BOTH CONVICTED:
Mousie got busted on a drug rap, so he's out . Handsome Stevie, is temp boss, so maybe takes the throne permanently? Or Mikey Lance steps up?

IF BORGESI NOT CONVICTED: He and Joey are boys. Even though he is Ligambi's nephew, they despise each other. So, if ligambi goes but borgesi doesn't he may take over.

IF NEITHER ARE CONVICTED

I don't know how much Ligambi bows to Joey Merlino. He is not a flash guy, so he's gotta clash with Merlino on this aspect of their ruling personalities. He's smart enough to maintain distance from Merlino, who is a giant Elephant in the room for the Law, no matter where his is.

I know the media/tapes, etc, all have joey as boss from jail, but Joe Ligambi's comment about letting Joey Merlino make soldiers when he gets out, can very easily be taken in the context of Joe Ligambi just saying "hey, I'm not worried about what Joey Merlino wants. If he wants to make guys under him, let him deal with it". OR the comment could mean that he didn't have the authority to make those other 2-3 guys and he needed Merlino to do it. But, isn't it also true that Joe Ligambi didn't make the 2-3 guys because he didn't know them? If so, that supports Ligambi doing his thing; not what Merlino wants.

It's reasonable to think that Merlino now has his gambling issues under wraps now and that he got a good criminal education in jail; Maybe he can become a good earner. And, with that, he may be a different boss the second time around. But, Philly LCN is definitely on the ropes right now, due to the current cases. They couldn't handle any more turmoil. If he comes back and Ligambi is on the street, it could create problems; regardless if they play nice. But hell, I don't know these guys personally, so it's all conjecture at this point.

Boss of tha toilet!