Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
SEC Games are split 50/50 as mentioned earlier.

When teams like LSU and Alabama play their weaker games, they play at home. So IVY what your saying is that they should play these weaker teams away?

The reason they play at home is because these smaller schools get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars from the proceeds of playing a large name school in the larger stadium. So you would rather LSU go play at Alcorn State in Alcorn State stadium that sits what maybe 40-50K People instead of playing at LSU which sits 90K plus and generates more revenue that will in turn be given to the smaller school.

Please explain your reasoning Ivy. I'm trying to understand your Godly knowledge on LCN and college football because your coming off as a guy that likes to flame the fire more than anything.

All of you are bringing up the money angle as if that's supposed to mean a hill of beans. One of the problems with college football is that money influences it too much.

The Alabamas of the world don't schedule these patsies out of charitable good will. They do it to soften up their non-conference schedule. And the already biased pollsters let them get away with it. I suppose a team can schedule who they want but the NCAA should at least ensure that an equal number of home and away games are played unless teams want to play on a neutral field.

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Okay, What college did you graduate from? Maybe LSU and Alabama can play you guys year on out from now on? home or away, it shouldn't be a problem because it won't hurt either of our school's national championship hopes year to year.

I'm a die-hard BYU fan, though I didn't attend that school. And I'd be fine with them playing Alabama or whoever.

But more than that, college football needs a legit playoff. Each and every team should have the same chance to ultimately play for a real national title - which results from a playoff and not BS biased polls and convoluted computer calculations - if they do what they need to do. Without that in place, every so called "national championship" is quasi at best. What they've put in place is a step forward, away from the BCS cartel, but it's not good enough yet.

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
And like I said, Bama has 7 home games with 5 AWAY FROM HOME. Neutral site or not it is not a home game like you thought when you "quick checked" your references.

A neutral site doesn't count as an "away" game. But, like I said, I'm fine with neutral site games. But Alabama shouldn't be playing 7 home games and only 4 away games.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 10/13/13 04:08 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.