I picked up Dr. Sleep but likely won't get to it for a few weeks. Is it just me or is King getting crankier in his old age. Usually he's complimentary of other writers or just doesn't say anything if he doesn't like them but lately it seems like he's holding back less. I dunno. I haven't read many of his reviews so maybe I missed his more acerbic side. I've not read Meyer or E.L. James and can safely say I never will but if I were of King's status I wouldn't be slamming them either. Different strokes for different folks.

Of course, I guess everyone is competitive to an extent and King's no different. He's entitled. BTW his rant about slow writers makes me wish he would go talk to one George R.R. Martin. wink

Stephen King Interview (Long)

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.