On Friday my 99 year old grandmother was sitting on her back porch, when a man came up the steps and said he was from the water company coming to check the meter. They went inside, he pulled out a chair, and told her to sit and watch the flow from the kitchen faucet.

Another man entered the front door and went down in the cellar to check the meter. My grandmother, who is blind (only able to sense vague shapes from the periphery of her vision), stood up, but was told to stay seated, which had her very concerned. She had a refrigerator behind her and walls on each side with this man standing in front of her only way out.

She wanted to ask for identification, but didn't want to let on that she was suspicious. The man asked if she lived alone, and she said that her daughter is supposed to stop by any minute. She then added that her son, who is an attorney should have been her ten minutes ago because he wanted to see the surveillance cameras that are in her house (she made up the part about there being cameras in the house, and also my uncle was 2 hours away).

The man asked whether he was a criminal attorney, but before she could answer, he yelled to his partner that everand they could go. They left, my grandmother called my mother, and they searched the house and nothing seemed to have been taken. They called the water company and police.

On Sunday an elderly couple in a nearby town noticed valuables missing after letting 2 men from the "water company" into their house friday.