Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Originally Posted By: ninogaggi
wasnt it basciano confirming to massino in jail about cirillos disappearance when massino asked if "they had anything to do with that.," that "that came from dom, that came from dom"

i forget exactly how that conversation between vinny b and joe went, but i think the old saying, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see, applies. it was always my understanding that Dom had nothing to do with his sons death.

Good post, Dellacroce smile.

My position on that recording is that Vinny HAD TO deny it to Massino, who was still official boss at that time. To admit to killing the son of a guy like Dom's, without at least running it by Massino first, would have been career suicide for Vinny. If he admitted it to Massino he would have come across as being too impulsive to be acting boss.

Don't forget, at the time of that conversation, the idea of Massino becoming a rat was considered ludicrous. So if Vinny had anything to do with it, he had to deny it. And I don't want to go down the rabbit hole again with Ivy and some of the posters who believe QD ordered his junkie kid hit, but there isn't a street guy in the Bronx who believes it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.