Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

For instance, I am Half Italian, Half Cajun. If I were to be a criminal, why would I partner up with LCN if I knew they were going to make some borderline retarded person because he has more Italian blood in him than I do? LCN is losing a lot of power in that way in my opinion.

I don't think people in organized crime think like that. It's not a career you "choose" like being a dentist or something. Most people end up in OC because of short-time financial and other benefits it offers to them. They're often desperate people with no other future or simply don't want to bother with all the troubles of living a 'normal' life and look for a temporary shortcut to money. In other words, they don't join the organization thinking "it's a shitty job now, but someday I want to be a captain with a lucrative racket", they join because OC offers them something that very moment. If they get promoted fine, but there has to be something that offers them a better lifestyle than a legitimate job even without that. IMO that's why the LCN doesn't bother to change that rule, they can get non-Italian associates regardless and get from them what they want. I mean, would a 100% Italian-American work for the LCN because it's an Italian thing or because he's earning money with them? I doubt anyone joined the mafia because of "Italian pride" or something like that