Many of you may have already heard about this story from NYC. A 33 year old man was driving his SUV on the West Side Hwy when he became involved in an accident with a motorcycle. The SUV driver, who was in the car with his wife and 2 year old daughter, ended up running over the biker in an attempt to escape the scene. Sounds pretty horrid but there's a lot more to this story.

The biker was one of a large group of bikers who were riding together (at least fifty of them) and who were riding recklessly. The whole "accident" was clearly videotaped by one of the bikers (who ended up posting the video online) and the tape shows that the biker was at fault because he suddenly slowed down his bike which was directly in front of the SUV. The whole group of bikers stopped and some started to approach the SUV in a menacing and threatening manner. The SUV driver panicked and hit the gas when he feared for his own safety and that of his family. The bikers gave chase, and caught up with the car and forced him to stop. Again, the group started to approach the car in a threatening manner and again the driver took off. The chase came to an end when the SUV exited the parkway and became stuck in local street traffic at which point the bikers attacked the driver (after breaking the car's window). The wife of the biker who was run over is now saying that her husband is paralyzed from the waist down. Two of the bikers have been arrested and more arrests are expected.

I would do the same thing if I was driving and I felt my family was threatened.

Here's the video: