Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Seriously, I have played half the game, and I have major reservations now about all the hype it received. The characters, despite a few interesting lines here and there, are basically the same and boring all game: Mike whining about his shitty life, Trevor a lunatic sociopath, Franklin reciting the line "come on dawg" about ten thousand times.

And really besides the graphics, its a basic scripted linear game ala Call of Duty with some marginally boring side missions and traffic movements. The choices on the heists make zero difference. That isn't to say there are some really cool scripted missions.

I got another question. Why does Trevor, supposed criminal mastermind with connections in OC, act like Mike returning from the dead as a fucking rat is A-OK with him (after getting his buddy wasted and ruining his life) and then proceeds to help the FIB? Really?
Play the other half and you'll find out that he isn't A-OK with it at all.

I have, but the question remains. He went nuts over the dead partner and not the rat stuff. It was clear from day one, moment one, that mike was a rat and admitted as such. Trevor accepts this at face value- just wanting to help the FIB along with pull heists with his best friend. Franklin does similar despite being a G from the hood. It's among the most bizarre and nonsensical story lines I have ever seen. Maybe in the GTA universe ratting doesn't make a difference.
Considering the feds they were working with weren't really the good guys and cleared all their records, and they manage to boost a shit ton of money, i think trevor doesnt mind. I'm sure the way trevor sees it, he can use it to his advantage, nab tons of cash, root out any competition in his meth business. Franklin is trying to get out of the whole gang lifestyle, so him working with the feds doesn't suprise me, because if one thing is very clear in the GTA universe, in all of them, is that money makes the world go round, and, being able to boost millions upon millions and getting away with it simply because the feds need you to clean up their dirty work, doesn't sound too bad to me.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"