Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I'll pick the Rays with David Price on the mound to beat the Rangers, but I'll take the Indians over the rays in the WC game. The Red Sox will beat the Indians in 6 while Oakland beats Detroit in 7. Boston will then advance to the series by beating Oakland in 6.

The NL wild card may be wild indeed as both starting pitchers are often lights out. With Cueto having two solid starts for the Reds after months on the DL, there's reason to be optimistic, but Liriano has a 1.47 ERA at PNC this year, so I'll give the edge to the Bucs over the Reds.

I would love to see the Pirates advance, but the Cardinals will winn the division series in 7 while the Braves beat the Dodgers in 7. The Cardinals will then beat LA in 6, and will meet the Red Sox in the Series.

..and just as the Pharaoh Ramses said, "So it is written, so it shall be done." The Almighty Klydon1 says "so it shall be submitted on the Gangster BB, so it shall be done." lol

lol One for one with the Rays.

Predicting baseball playoff winners is almost like a crap shoot. There are too many variables in an individual game from hard hit outs and bloop hits, vicissitudes in calling balls and strikes, errors. Over the course of the season it's easy to separate the very good from the good, but in a 7 game series, a couple of weird things inherent in the game can make the difference between a 100-win team losing to a wild card struggler.